Scene from R. Young Bros. coal yard on Hamilton Ave. showing men working and a horse drawn cart loaded with equipment. Rockwell and Cornelius Young opened the lumber and coal business in 1887. The yard was located on the north side of Railroad Avenue (now Main Street) next to the railroad tracks.
In Copyright NonCommercial Use Permitted. Images can be used for non-commercial purposes without prior permission. For commercial use information, contact White Plains Public Library. For all uses, credit 'White Plains Collection, White Plains Public Library'.
Digitized by the Metropolitan New York Library Council as part of the Culture In Transit project, funded by a grant from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.