The Bronx Chamber of Commerce donated this business collection to Lehman College on August 31, 1988. The Chamber wanted to make its materials available to the general public, students, researchers and scholars. Founded for the purpose of promoting Bronx commercial, industrial, civic and cultural interests, the Chamber was previously known as the North Side Board of Trade (1894-1914) and the Bronx Board of Trade (1914-1968). By 1969 the organization evolved into the Bronx Board of Trade & Chamber of Commerce. This name was later shortened to the Bronx Chamber of Commerce. The 429 digitized items shown on this site, in jpeg and pdf formats, are largely from the Bronx Board of Trade years-- focusing on the 1920s through the 1950s.